Today I feel sad.
I decided to take a “not glamorous” picture of myself because I feel sad.
I look like a turtle in this picture. I’m okay with that.
I don’t feel depressed (as I have felt in the past) but just a little low.
I’m not going to go into the reasons I feel sad, because they’re irrelevant. I also have my period which (as you know) makes me feel less than great.
I should feel happy, because Ari is cleaning the living room. But I’m sad
I accept the fact that I’m sad.
But I also want to do things to make myself feel “un-sad” or “better.”
Some of the things I do when I’m sad to make myself feel better are:
1. Eat chocolate.
2. Call a friend.
3. Look at pictures of cats online.
4. Watch a really funny movie.
5. Write a blog post about how I feel.
6. Do something productive like the dishes.
7. Think about people that are less fortunate than me and feel grateful that I have a home.
8. Hug my kids.
9. Pet my cats.
10. Draw a picture of a tree.
11. Paint a picture.
12. Punch a pillow.
13. Hug a pillow.
14. Hug a friend.
15. Go out for tea with a friend.
16. I sing!
What do you do to make yourself feel better when you’re sad?