I love breakfast foods. There I said it! If I could, I would eat breakfast all day everyday. I particularly enjoy eggs. But the problem is, being the mother of toddler, it is difficult to have time to prepare elaborate breakfast meals. There is a solution to this breakfast craving for those of us that have no time in the morning: the soft boiled egg.
1. Boil a pot of water
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, throw a slice of bread in the toaster
3. When the water has boiled crack an egg open into the boiling water
4. Boil the egg for 2 – 3 minutes on a high flame
5. Take toast out of toaster and place on a plate
6. Either pour the egg into a colander to drain it, or scoop it out with a spoon
7. Place egg on the toast, add salt, pepper and even a little cheddar cheese (my favorite!)
While the egg is cooking you can also prepare your coffee, tea, or orange juice.
I love soft boiled eggs. They are quick, easy and healthy! Because you don’t add oil or butter to the water, they are really good for you.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.